Hello Viewers

Thank You for Your Time

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Involvment


A flying 175 hard plastic disk soaring through the air, striving to travel from point A to point B without interruptions. Such a magnificent feeling when the disk successfully accomplishes its task. Such an amazing feeling when the athlete catches it so swiftly.
The sport in description is known as Ultimate Frisbee. Ultimate Frisbee was first introduced to me on the day of orientation by a fellow freshman in college.  Frisbee was an  all-time favorite family get together. I had never known that it was an official sport. What a mind blowing realization! Of course I was initially ecstatic; I had finally found something that I actually have played before. Time flew by, and the team practice was right around the corner. What I witnessed after this was astonishing. It was not merely disk throwing, but this sport had rules, techniques, and was like any other sport out there- very competitive. I was somewhat let down, watching the team play so fluently just made realize that I may not be the one for this sport. I was not about to give up, I mean I had just showed up, hence, my involvement with the other fellow teammates. I grab myself a Frisbee and slowly began to learn the techniques, and believe it or not my fear had vanished. It was fun and energizing. I was receiving a workout along with an hour or so of fun. After first practice I had realized my quick judgment of the sport was wrong. I needed to give everything a chance, even the smallest of matters. With this knowledge acquired I hope to try out to other sports, organizations or clubs regardless of how ridicules it might seem. That’s the whole point of college, is it not, the learning and acquiring of new beliefs and views of matters.

To be competle honest though, it is quiet hard to juggle fun and work at the same time. I have personally had a hard time. So anyone that is involved in sth out there, just make sure that you manage your time well!!!! 
Gd Luck  

No comments:

Post a Comment