Hello Viewers

Thank You for Your Time

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Shocking News In Guilfordian!!!!

Reading the September edition of the Guilfordian I could not help but notice the article about one of the professors. I was bewildered, confused, I couldn’t seem to form a thought about it. It certainly was not a complementary article but rather an unpleasant allegation.

The title itself was a shock: “Guilford Professor arrested, faces secret-peeping charges”. I could not believe my eyes and ears, is this serious? I am a freshman here in college and the idea of one of the professors being a pervert was not welcoming news.

Reading along on through the article I learned that the professor had used a camera pen. A pen is something that a professor should have in his hand/ pocket at all times. How could an object so common, an object used in productivity be twisted and violated to be a matter of wrongfulness.

I also came across the fact that this the professor had in fact more disturbing media on his computer. With this in mind I could not help but wonder why nobody had picked up on that vibe. This makes me angry. A sexual offender being on the Guilford campus, that same campus that is valued for being honest, equal, and safe! I would understand if this offense was committed by an outsider, as in not a professor, but the fact that it is a professor I cannot but help and hold the college responsible.

This just proves to all of us students that professors are not always who they seem. People are not who they seem. We can never know anyone too well and there is no such thing as a perfect human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment